Tuesday, 11 January 2011

The Outsider

I have just entered The Folio Society's competition; 'Getting inside The Outsider'.

The brief was to complete three internal illustrations and also design the binding for a new publication of 'The Outsider' by Albert Camus, coincidently it is one of my favourite novels. Full details of the competition can be found at:

Each image is accompanied by captions from the text, and was a requirement of the entry.




















‘...I didn’t have much time left. I didn’t want to waste it on God.’

Pt2.Chptr5.





















‘I realized that I’d destroyed the balance of the day and the perfect silence of this beach where I’d been happy.’ Pt1.Chptr6




















‘...she asked me if I was in mourning. I told her that mother had died.’ Pt1.Chptr2.










Cover Binding.